Hi everyone!! Today I’m super excited to be announcing a project that Becky @ Dusts of Magic, and I have been working on!! Our project, will be called, After the Story, and will be focused on helping other book bloggers, and ourselves, to write more! To find out more about the project, scroll down!!
What is ‘After the Story’?
After the Story is a project going to be hosted by Becky @ Dusts of Magic and Ahaana @ Windows to Worlds. This is a project to help you boost your writing skills and most of all, gain confidence to write something you enjoy, while having fun!! If you would like to participate, please fill out the google form!! Since you’re going to be working with other lovely bloggers, you will not be allowed to leave in the middle, and will have to stick with us till the end, unless you have problems that can’t be ignored (:
Every 2 months, we’ll discuss the book we would like to read and every blogger can write a short story (with a minimum of 300 words) based on what they believe will take place after the events of the book we have read. (Hence the name ‘After the Story’) You can write about anything that would include the basic concept of the book (e.g. a sequel, a fanfiction, etc.).
After the short collection of stories are written, we will send those (if we can find the email) to the author, or publisher. They might not reply since all authors are busy but if they do, we will let you know their opinions ASAP!
I know this might sound like a chore at this point, or a long-term commitment that will require a ton of your time, but it’s not. You can choose to write as less as 300 words – over a span of 2 months!! Obviously, as well as helping to boost your writing skills, this project is also just for fun! I’m also a middle school student, and trust me, this won’t be hard to juggle with your studies and extra curriculars!
Rules (and some other clarifications)!
- Please write your story within the deadline (2 months).
- When you sign up for this project, we would really really appreciate it if you could upload your short stories on your blog!!
- If you do not like the book and your star rating is lower than 3, please let us know so that you can still do some other creative post.
- This project is to boost blogger’s writing skills and their confidence so if your comment on another post makes other bloggers upset, or is negative and criticizing, you won’t get another chance to participate in this project in the future.
- When posting your writing, please do a pingback on one of our (Becky’s, or Mine) latest posts, so we can see what you’ve written, and hype you up!
How do I Sign Up?
You will need to sign up using the google form below!! Some important things to keep in mind are that you need to fill in the form by the 3rd of January, because we will stop accepting responses after that!! Once you fill in the form, it’s official, you’re a part of ‘After the Story’!!
If you can’t see the embedded form, or are having trouble filling it in, click on this link: https://forms.gle/DsmX8nE3ftx6yAqY9
Feel free to display the bade I made on your blog to show that you’re a part of the project!! I’ve also attached an HTML code below, so that you can put the badge on your sidebar!!
Grab the Code for the ‘After the Story’ Badge!
<a href="https://windowstoworlds.wordpress.com/2020/12/27/after-the-story-announcement/"><img src="https://windowstoworlds.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/after-the-story-badge.png" title="After the Story" width="300"></a>