Hey everyone!! Sorry I haven’t been that active lately, but I am participating in a bunch of blog tours this month, so I promise you’ll be seeing a lot more of me!! Also ahh guys we survived 2020!! Like Cherelle said, I’m still not used to writing 2021 lmao,
and I’m pretty sure that all my notebooks, and school tasks have the wrong date written on them because I wrote 2020 instead of 2021.
So for us, school was supposed to start physically in February for middle school, and January for high school, but it’s February now, and school re-opening has been postponed. On a brighter note, I did read a ton of amazing books, and also wrote something!
Books that I finished reading this month
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1): ⭐⭐⭐ [3 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air #2): ⭐⭐⭐⭐ [4 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #3): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ [5 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights #1): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ [5 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- Glimpsed: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ [5 stars, review here!]
- Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons #3): ⭐⭐⭐ [3 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- A RomaJuliette Christmas Special (These Violent Delights #0.5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ [5 stars, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- A Crown of Echoes: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ [5 stars, review here!]
- Legacy (Legacy Chronicles #1): ⭐⭐⭐ [3 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- Close to the Bone: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ [4 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- This is Frank Lloyd Wright: ⭐⭐⭐ [3 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ [4 stars, review will be up soon, check out my thoughts on Goodreads here!]
Books I started reading this month (this doesn’t mean DNF, but just means I started in January, but I’m still reading, and will probably finish in like February or something)…
Posts I published in December…
Other’s Posts I Loved Reading!! Click to see their post! Also please excuse how long this section is but I love all of you guys and your content SO much and I honestly just can’t help myself 💖
- Emma’s negative rants are ~ICONIC~ but she’s shown us that her positive reviews are just as good, where she tells us her favourite books of the worst year! ✨
- Katie tells us what makes her add a book to her TBR, where I found myself nodding along to everything she said! 📝
- Ruby does a blogging and reading recap for 2020 (ft. lot of beautiful charts)! 🙈
- Becky takes an interview of one of her favourite authors – Elizabeth Lim!! 🌷
- Sophie tells us the top 5 books on her 2021 TBR, that she predicts will be 5 star reads! ⭐
- Kay does a 2020 recap!! AND it’s her three year blogiversary – so make sure to wish her!! 💖
- Abby does a yearly wrap up wit all her goals for 2021, along with some favourite books of 2020!! 🤩
- Sara discusses whether or not we’re less credible bloggers if we post only positive book reviews 📖
- Sarah reviews The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller 🎶
- Cherelle reviews the Midnight Library by Matt Haig, and questions whether or not it deserved to be crowned as the Goodreads choice winner for 2020! 🏆
- Leo reviews Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo! 🕊
- Prutha tells us her favourite, as well as least favourite books of 2020! ✨
- Cas shares her first TBR for 2021, as well as some goals for the new year! 📆
- Aditi shares her thoughts on the book Letter from the Birmingham Jail and its relevance on MLK day 🔏
- Saniya gives you some recommendations based on your favourite ATLA character! 👀
- Eleanor has a blog makeover, and also introduces an interesting new blog series! 💻
- Jessica tells us 5 books recommended by friends on their TBR! I’m so honoured to be one of them 🥺
- Ash recommends some books based off songs you might have liked! 💽
- Rachel reviews Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo on her blog! 🦅
- Beck pairs songs with some of her WIPs (all of which sound so amazing, and I am desperate to read)! 🎹
- Naemi reacts to some of her childhood writing (and though we love Naemi now – she was SO hilarious as a child as well) 😂
- Emme has a really insightful discussion about rating books subjectly versus objectively 📚
- Rain gives us the most comprehensive post on Webtoons filled with some great recommendations! 📺
- Phoenix tells us 21 books and series she would like to read in 2021! 🧾
- Amy shares with us some classic fairytales she thinks need more YA retellings! 💫
- Aarushi gives us a list of all the books she ended up reading in 2020! ✌
- Rachana does a year in review for 2020! 🤩
- Allison shares some of her most anticipated releases for 2021! 🥰
- April has SUCH a relatable discussion on being ~indecisive~ and changing ratings! 🤔
- Quinn reviews one of my most anticipated 2021 releases – The Girls I’ve Been by Tess Sharpe! 👧🏼
- Celina shares her reading goals for 2021, as well as her January TBR! 🥅
- Caitlyn and Cossette share some 2021 book recommendations based on your favourite Schitt’s Creek character!! 🐣
- Ursa shares 12 backlist books she’s hoping to read in 2021 as well as an absolutely GORGEOUS notion template! 🦋
- Sophie talks about why representation in media matters through a love letter to Nocturna! 🌈
- Riddhi and Nehal created an original tag for Why Don’t We’s album – The Good Times and The Bad Ones 🎸
- Jayati launches the Queer Lit Book Club along with Charlotte and Lori! 🏳🌈
- Lou gives us some non-fiction book recs that she read out of school and actually enjoyed! 📰
- Karla discusses giving negative reviews to ARCs, and how to go forward with that! 👎🏼
- Stephen’s post on how we hear about upcoming releases definitely made me think a lot about the topic! ♻
- Ali shares her 2021 TBR for the Medieval-A-Thon!! 👑
- Alissa tells us everything we need to know about the All the Stars and Teeth duology! 🌟
- Krysta talks about 6 publishing trends to bring back! ⏪
- Melanie gives us a list of ten 2020 debuts she loved reading! 📔
- May celebrates their 4 year blogiversary with a super fun Q&A! 🥳
- Caitlin tier ranks all of the 100 books she read in 2020! 😎
- Sanah tells us the best books she read in 2020! 🥰
- Thea joined the bookish community with her absolutely GORGEOUS blog that I simply can’t get over: Thea Reads!! 🌼
Note: Before I start, I just want to make it clear that this is for my own reference, and only so I can see how my blog has grown.
- Months on WordPress: 6 (since August, 2020). Inactive for first 2 months.
- Follower Count: 287
- Amount of likes received: 1,843
- Amount of comments received: 982
- Number of posts: 28
Okay so I literally didn’t watch anything in January? I mean I think I probably did; but my ~goldfish~ brain forgot, so let’s leave it at that.
- They postponed school starting physically till idk when??
- I *finally* read These Violent Delights as a part of the pick for all three, the Subtle Asian Book Club, as well as Tea Time Reads and BOOKS GO BOOM – and I am ~NOT OK~. Also the cover for Our Violent Ends is SO gorgeous!!
- I met my bestfriend for the first time after almost a year on her birthday!! (if you’re reading this hi 👋🏼)!!
- I also reached out to an author to interview her – and though she hasn’t responded yet I’m super excited!
- I started working on a bunch of writing projects, and made a couple moodboards + started with the planning and diagrams, but nothing concrete yet!!
- I also started watching a ton of booktubers and lifestyle vlogs – everyone has such a cute aesthetic ahh!! 🌼
Goals from the past month
- Read at least 8 books ✅ I think January was a pretty good reading month for me, because I managed to read 12 (and 1/2?) books!
- Keep up with ‘Reader’ ✅
- Go blog hopping some more!! ✅❌ I did discover so many new blogs, but not as many as I would have liked too!!
- Write something ✅ After the Story definitely helped me write a bit, and I started another SFF project as well!!
- Workout ✅ I managed to go to the gym everyday for at least an hour – so that’s good!
- Focus more in school (!!!) ✅
- Sort and organize old Notion pages ❌ I’m honestly just not finding the motivation to do this, but hopefully I do sometime in February!!
Goals for the next month
- Read at least 8 books
- Keep up with ‘Reader’
- Go blog hopping some more!!
- Continue with the projects
- Swim some more!!
- Sort and organize old Notion pages